Nomad continually seeks qualified candidates in sales, IT, engineering, production, purchasing and administration. Preferred industry sales experience includes government procurement, specialty vehicles, satellite communications, mobile command and communications, incident management, military communications, mobile education, public safety, oil and gas, mobile medical, emergency response, mine communications and mobile marketing.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: IT Integration Technician Level II
BASIC FUNCTIONAL SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITILES:
The chief function of the IT Integration Technician is to install IT related equipment, hardware, radios, cables, connectors and follow processes and procedures, and read and follow CAD drawings. The IT Integration Technician is responsible for using best practices to pull and terminate various cables. The IT Integration Technician must be able to communicate and document progress for projects.
The duties of the IT Integration Technician will include, but will not be limited to:
· Ability to follow the IT Integration Process Flow to perform all Integration-specific tasks necessary to complete each project according to the IT Engineer’s system design.
· Reading the Cable Runs spreadsheet and follow best practices running and dressing cables from source and destination locations.
· Installing (crimping, soldering, etc.) the proper connectors at each end of the cables according to SOPs and best practices.
· Installing equipment according to the Rack Layout spread sheet. Must be able to mount hardware on shelf racks for a mobile environment.
· Understanding and following a comprehensive Equipment Interconnects spreadsheet which will show all of the in-rack patches and patch cable types between different rack-mounted equipment in the vehicle.
· Following and installing Antenna’s according to the Antenna Layout spreadsheet which will show the physical mounting locations of all RF antennas on the roof of the vehicle.
· Completing the Cable Test document in spreadsheets for projects.
· Running the Equipment Test and document results in spreadsheet.
· Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting cabling, antennas, electronics, and accessories in the Technician’s list of Core IT Competencies.
· Edit/update all documentation as tasks are completed to keep the IT Integration Manager, IT Engineer, and other management up to speed on project status.
· Look for opportunities for training inside and outside of Nomad for the betterment of the individual and the team as a whole.
Basic IT Competencies
· General IT Integration
· Cabling & Terminations
· Rack & Power
Core IT Competencies
· Wi-Fi & Cellular
· Data & Networking
POSITION DESCRIPTION: IT Project ENGINEER
BASIC FUNCTIONAL SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITILES:
The chief function of the IT Project Engineer is to transform the Bid documentation from Marketing and Sales, Engineering, and other departments into a set of build documents, training documents, configurations, processes and procedures, and a Build of Materials (BOM) to meet and exceed a customer’s operational goals for the communication requirements of their project.
The documentation and tools that the IT Project Engineer will create will include, but will not be limited to:
· A comprehensive Cable Runs spreadsheet that will show source and destination locations of all IT related cabling
· A Rack Layout spreadsheet that will show the mounting location and rack shelf designations of all equipment that will be mounted in the electronic(s) rack(s)
· A comprehensive Equipment Interconnects spreadsheet which will show all of the in-rack patches and patch cable types between different rack-mounted in the vehicle
· An Antenna Layout spreadsheet which will show the physical mounting locations of all RF antennas on the roof of the vehicle
· A Network Configuration spreadsheet which documents all equipment related IP addresses, serial numbers, and login credentials
· A Cable Test spreadsheet which will include all homerun cables that will need to be tested, and
· An Equipment Test spreadsheet which will include all installed IT-related equipment and antennas that will need to be tested during the Testing phase of the build
PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONAL SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform in all aspects of the business including:
· information systems engineering
· documentation creation
· research & design
· reverse engineering
· component selection
· training of end user or other Nomad employees
· project management and provide troubleshooting and end product support.
· Design, analyze and build prototypes that meet product requirements and customer standards
· Perform validation and verification testing and coordinate testing with Sales and Production
· Contribute to, review and provide feedback on specifications and conceptual drawings
· Manage IT project engineering from conception level through release for production
· Highlights Internal Technical Review (ITR) questions from original Specs & PNs
· Contribute to the External Technical Review (ETR) meeting with the end customer and Sales and Marketing
· Finalizes Specs and PNs from pre-change orders
· Conduct R&D on items not identified or being considered within change items
· Update questions in Specs and PNS
· Coordinate with Sales, any necessary, additional clarifying meetings with Client, as needed
· Conduct project kickoff meetings for IT Integration staff
· Take part in and contribute to the weekly IT departmental meeting
· Provide after hours technical support for clients according to IT Engineering rotation.
Interested candidates are welcome to:
ATTN: HR Department
PO Box 865
Kalispell, MT 59903
Click Here For Job Application